21 August 2009

Back in the saddle again

I'm back in the saddle again...
Cache County School District started school yesterday. One of my cooperating teachers from my student teaching experience is out of the country so I'm filling in for her again. It's been fun. I love being in the classroom and know I made the right decision to become a teacher. Now, if I could only find a full-time job, that would be great!
I'm glad that I've got subbing to keep me occupied though, even if I sometimes wish I didn't. I've also got a few projects at home and the opera to keep me busy.
Speaking of the opera, we had a great season this year. We've never had as many sold out shows as we did. It's looking pretty good that we'll be around for another one yet. That makes me happy. It is such a great thing to be a part of. I love it and I've learned so much from my 9 years working there.The shows this year were soooo good. I only wish that I'd seen the operas earlier in the season so that I could have gone more. I tend to wait too long for them and then I regret not seeing them a lot more. I guess there's a lesson to be learned there.
This past summer we also had the 2nd Annual Grant and Erma Webb Family Reunion. It was small but good to see some faces we haven't seen in a while. My cousin Alex popped in. I haven't seen him since my Grandpa's funeral which happened during high school. Two of my mom's cousins drove down from Washington and Oregon as well. It was fun to spend time with them. I think I'd only met Carter once and I don't ever remember meeting Ross Dade so that was pretty cool.
And that's about all that happened over the summer. I had a few job interviews, read some books, spent time with family, and worked. All in all, a usual summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment