15 October 2010
Loved
Last night I had dinner with Nettie, Jean, Kristie, and Monica. The purpose was to have a final get-together for me and the presidency--as I've been released--and to welcome Monica, my replacement to the ranks of the Stake Relief Society. It was a great evening. We ate delicious food and had some great conversation. After dessert, which was so yummy, Nettie, Jean, Kristie, and Monica took turns saying what they love about me. It was very humbling and I feel so blessed to have served with such wonderful ladies in the Stake and to have. I know Monica will do a great job with her new calling as well. I'll miss getting together with the presidency and receiving hundreds of e-mails from Nettie each week, :O) but I'm also excited about the opportunities to serve with my new ward and stake. Before I left, they presented me with a beautiful painting of the Savior. I can't wait to hang it on newly painted walls! It is definitely something I will treasure always, along with my memories of a great evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment